course, you will be able to learn how to carry out all stages of LULC mapping from acquiring satellite data to assessing the accuracy of your map and design a beautiful change map readily available to be inserted in your document or report.
The course is ideal for professionals such as geographers, programmers, social scientists, geologists, and all other experts who need to use LULC maps in their field and would like to learn fundamentals of LULC and change detection in GIS. If you’re planning to undertake a task that requires to use a state of the art classification algorithms for creating, for instance, land cover and land use maps, this course will give you the confidence you need to understand and solve such geospatial problem.
One important part of the course is the practical exercises. You will be given some precise instructions, codes, and datasets to create LULC maps and change maps using the ArcGIS software.
In this course, I include downloadable practical materials that will teach you:
- Advance your skills in ArcGIS
- Understand the concept of Machine Learning and main types of machine learning in GIS including supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning Algorithms
- Learn how to classify satellite and UAV images with different machine learning algorithms in ArcGIS
- Learn how to perform training, validation data collection and accuracy assessment
- Learn how to perform object-based image analysis
- Perform image segmentation in ArcGIS
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE: You will have access to the data used in the course, along with the Java code files. You will also have access to future resources. Enroll in the course today & take advantage of these special materials!
Who this course is for:
Geographers, Programmers, geologists, biologists, social scientists, or every other expert who deals with GIS maps in their field