- All you need is a desktop/laptop and an internet connection
Welcome to The Python Workshop, this is probably the only course you will ever need to learn Python from scratch and will help you gain the confidence to pursue the more specialized application of the language in your journey towards becoming a professional Python Developer / Programmer.
You will also be introduced to the much-required industry skills to becoming proficient with using version control as your Software Development companion. Version Control is an important aspect of the CI / CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) software development strategy.
The approach of the course is based on a practical context, you are going to build a number of Python programs ranging from easy to very hard. You’re going to come across challenging assignments to help you reaffirm your knowledge.
So what are you going to learn;
- Gain a Solid & Unforgettable Understanding of the Python Programming Language
- Use Object-Oriented Programming (An Industry-Standard Coding Technique) to Write High-Quality Python Code.
- Learn Python Basics to gain the confidence to build larger and more complex programs
- Build a Receipts Program to gain the understanding of variables, data types, and strings
- Build a Calculator Program to gain the understanding of doing math with Python and conditional statements
- Build a Hangman Game and address simple to complex looping (while, for) statements
- Build an Object-Oriented Program to construct new Cars and learn concepts such as Inheritance, Method Overriding, and Overloading
- Tackle challenges related to each python program that you build
- Learn to use Functions, Lists, Tuples and Sets
- Build a Python Game (Alien Invasion) from scratch and take your learning further in object-oriented programming
- Get an in-depth introduction to Git and Github for Version Control
- Learn to professionally set up Visual Studio Code for Python Development
- Build a Python Flask Web App with Bootstrap 4 from scratch
- Learn to use a database to store and retrieve information using Python and Flask
A summary of technology;
- Juptyter Notebooks
- Visual Studio Code
- Bootstrap 4
- Maria DB
Please note that the course will be continuously updated to add more topics in the future.
Who this course is for:
- For complete programming beginners
- For People who are new to Python
- For people who want to learn Python fundamentals to later transition into more specialized fields
- Not intended for seasoned developers